Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Blog #7

Blog 7:  Listen to the recording of your oral history.  Write up some observations about what you have learned about interviewing.

Starting off the observation I thought it was going to be quite awkward but about 30 seconds into it I realized it was not really that awkward at all. Being prepared with some questions and making the observation into more of a conversation definitely made it less challenging. I would have to say for next time I would definitely do at least 3 things differently. One thing I would do different is be a lot more prepared. Because this was an impromptu assignment it was hard to prepare but being prepared will be key next time. Another thing I would do different is have more questions to interview. This goes along with being prepared but I would definitely need a lot of questions to have my interviewee answer and take up more time. The last thing I would change is finding out prior knowledge about the subject before the interview is held. I think this all goes along with preparation and being organized. Therefore I learned from the observations that organization and preparation is key! 

No comments:

Post a Comment